Alberta Packing List
1. YES – we know it is gonna be cold and we are gonna CRUSH it in true Alberta fashion
2. If you are in a tipi there is an IMPORTANT meeting Friday at dinner to go over how to keep your fire STOKED all night :)
3. Bring a bike, scooter, rollerblades, or skateboard. From one end of camp to the other for some classes is 1.6 km. This will cut down on traffic/parking issues as it is a tight road.
4. Hitch Hike – let’s get the family vibes HIGH early on. If you are driving and you see a Camp Yogi walking with their thumb out. Pick em UP!
Rule #1 :) – Make sure you come well fed. Our first lunch together is at 1:00 PM on Friday!
The list below is a guide to help prepare you for your upcoming experience at Camp Yoga! Be sure to check the weather before packing for camp and pack clothes appropriate for the activities you have signed up for. Come dressed for a yoga/workout as opening ceremonies has all elements included. Arriving in jeans might make that tough :)
Please note, it can get pretty chilly overnight randomly in Alberta. Super warm during the day and chilly at night. Pack to sleep warm if you’re in a tipi :) All other accommodations are heated.
- Bedding. We suggest a warm sleeping bag and pillow. Mattress is included!
- TIPIS – If you are in a tipi PLEASE ensure you have a winter rated sleeping bag. There are fire pits in the tipis to keep you warm, however the group will need to feed the fire throughout the night :)
- Flip flops for heading to the lake or in the shower
Yoga mat, and any props or blocks you wish to have there to support your practice
Toiletries (such as toothbrush, toothpaste, face cloth, soap, deodorant and shampoo)
Laundry or garbage bags for dirty laundry
Reusable water bottle
Sunscreen & insect repellent
Flashlight and/or headlamp
CASH for the bar. The venue sells drinks at this Camp Yoga – so bring some cash.
DPG – Dance Party Gear – planning on hitting up the party Saturday night? Of course you are! We suggest packing your whites and brights that will make you glow in the dark. If you happen to have any overalls, neon hats or Spice Girls costumes hiding in your closet, PACK THEM – We have the black lights, glow sticks and glow paint.
Sweater, and other warm layers (camp nights can get chilly, don’t forget your toque and mitts)
Snacks! Bring whatever sustinance you think you will need to keep you energized between classes. We ask that all snacks be kept in your vehicle to ensure that we are not attracting wildlife into the cabins.